🚀 Our latest Signal Desktop release has many performance improvements, and now runs way way way faster on Apple's M1 chips. If you're starting the new year with a new computer, try it out at signal.org/download/

RT from Moxie Marlinspike (@moxie)

It's a new year! I've decided it's a good time to replace myself as the CEO of Signal: signal.org/blog/new-year-new-c

Signal now supports 40 person group calls. Building large end-to-end encrypted group calls required some new engineering. Learn how we did it here: signal.org/blog/how-to-build-e

Signal is built for you, not for your data. You can join the community of people who sustain it: signal.org/blog/become-a-signa

Yesterday some beta testers on Android might have gotten an update with a red app icon. This was because we accidentally promoted the alpha release directly to beta w/o changing the color first, not in celebration of Taylor Swift’s rerelease of Red. Apologies for any confusion.

TL;DR - Another government request for information. This time Luxembourg by way of San Francisco, USA.

In another reminder that Signal doesn't know anything about you, our transparency page has been updated with two additional government requests and our responses:

signal.org/bigbrother/santacla
signal.org/bigbrother/cd-calif

black fabric, black ink
ready for you to enjoy
subtle Signal shirt

Available worldwide at shop.signal.org

You can set up disappearing messages and customize the length. So whether you're stealth mode 🥷🏿, discreet mode 🦸🏽, or just “these messages and photos don't need to take up so much storage” mode 😤, you can literally set and forget.

[Video embedded in original tweet]

📒 Note to Self, is your own personal and private scratchpad that can by synched across all your devices. Copy/paste a password or drop your grocery list in, it’s for your eyes only. You can also turn on disappearing messages to ensure you always start with a blank sheet.

You can make your own sticker packs for you and your friends. We recently collaborated with the artist Plastic Thing on one. All you have to do is upload your custom stickers via the Signal desktop app. Learn more about making stickers here: support.signal.org/hc/en-us/ar

[Video embedded in original tweet]

Welcome to all the newcomers! A few things to get you started on Signal:

Group calls can now hold up to 16 people. Across iOS, Android, and desktop, you can go ahead and get your whole rugby squad together for an overdue catch up.

Millions of new people have joined Signal today and our messaging and calling have been up and running but some people aren't seeing all of their contacts appear on Signal. We're working hard to fix this up.

Signups are way up on Signal (welcome everyone!) We also know what it’s like to work through an outage, and wish the best for the engineers working on bringing back service on other platforms

A tale as old as time...

[Video embedded in original tweet]

We are fully back up and running at 100%. Enjoy the rest of the week, everybody!

Messaging has recovered for 99% of users, but we're still working on the remaining 1%. Apologies for the disruption, and we continue to work towards full recovery.

Show older
Aspie Chattr

A federated social network for aspies and other NDs to be themselves. Chat to others with ASD, ADHD, etc. Connect to the fediverse to bring in content from a whole network of niche sites and follow people who share your interests. Strict yet flexible privacy controls for your content with no ads or tracking.
This site is ready for the future with full IPv6 support